ART FOR LUNCH AND THEN BACK TO THE STATION.....

The departure for Le Havre had been an early one. The museum restaurant was booked out so culture had to feed my gurgles. The permanent collection comes as a bit of a shock after De Staël but there are always some painters I enjoy looking at. You have "met" all the artists over the years so this is just a sample of what I saw.

 

 
    Paul Signac Herblay - Fog  1889-90


Raoul Dufy  - The beach and the Pier at Le Havre  1926-30

Raoul Dufy - Strollers at the seaside  -1926

André Derian  - around 1904 - Bourgival

Kees Van DOngen Riders in the Bois deBoulogne 1908/09

Raoul Dufr Jeanne in the flowers 1907

Eugène Bourdin Landscape with cows 1881-88

Eugène Bourdin Woman in white on the Trouville beach 1869


As we continued in the sea theme, I was quite happy to wander and now that the restaurant was full, I had the place to myself. 

Never the less, I couldn’t dawdle. 



Charles Camoin -Marseille  1904

RAOUL DUFY  BOATS SETTING OFF FOR LE HAVRE REGATTA  1906

LOUIS VALTAT _ RED ROCKS IN AGAY 1910

Claude Monet  Fécamp Sea shore  1881

Eugène Bourdin - 19th C!

Eugène Bourdin - 19th C!

Paul Gaugin Te Vaa Landscape 1896



                         The wander along the waterfront was a delight.

 























But now, if I was going to eat anything, I needed to get back to the station. This time I would walk. I was very pleasantly surprised that that everything seemed to be clearly indicated. The walk back was not so nice as now the sea was behind me. The buildings though versus the grey of Dunkerque were some how modern and yet out of place. 







These tiles in front of a Lycée were, perhaps, originals. Nothing to say what they were or where they had come from. Le Have was slipping up here.

 

 






The same could be said for these two immense paintings inside the station. Who?







Anyone can play the piano and people do


As you can see, the station was deserted. The café under renovation - but I had to eat…….

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

CONFLICTS AND ENCOUNTERS OF MULTIPLE HISTORIES

THE OLDEST PROFESSION IN THE WORLD…………

MY BELOVED PICASSO -I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS -